Address & Contact
Easington Colliery Methodist Church
Minister Name: Reverend Beverly Hollings
The Church is used as a dual-purpose building as there is no Church Hall. An active part is played by the Church in the Easington Churches Together and all Ecumenical services and activities in the colliery.
Coronavirus Update July 2021.
Please see Circuit Plan for individual church service dates and times
5pm & 7.30pm Slimming world meets in church
Churches Together Project – Cafe Together weekly providing a hot meal for £1.00.
2pm Tai Chi group
Ladies Circle Fellowship Monthly
Church Fayre, Toy Service, Carol Service. Yearly
During the year, concerts are held on a regular basis along with coffee mornings. Easington Colliery Band use the premises to practice when rehearsing for national competitions and they also play for the carols during the Carol Service.
Easington Colliery Methodist Church was built in 1913 and was one of three chapels in Easington Colliery.
In 1942 the Wesleyan Church joined and it was then known as St. John’s Methodist Church. In 1956 the third Church (Bourne Methodist) joined and the name was changed yet again to the name it is known as today Easington Colliery Methodist Church. The Church was renovated in 1967 with choir stalls removed and the pews replaced by chairs.